June 16-17, 2019 | Providence, Rhode Island
Prior attendees of the HECA Professional Development Institute report it is the “best training” they have ever done. The topics covered in the two day schedule include:
- Role of a Professional Consultant
- HECA membership
- Getting Started:
- Role play of Initial Consultation
- Case Study Scenarios for Working with Partners:
- Networking Lunch
- Current topics Presentations by College Professionals
- Learning Differences
- Dinner on your own
- Business Principles
- Business Operations and Procedures
- Navigating the College Planning Process:
- Building and delivering college lists
- Managing applications
- College affordability
- Lunch with HECA board
- Mock Admissions Committee: Led by college admissions professional Tony Cabasco
- Vice President for Enrollment, Bennington, Cricket Hill.
- End of day debrief
- Launch of the HECA conference
The Professional Development Institute is conducted using a seminar approach. Students and faculty collaborate together in small groups throughout the two days of training. This facilitates both learning and building a support network. Listen to PDI participants share their stories of how they created professional bonds in the Professional Development that will last a lifetime.
NOTE: The Professional Development Institute counts toward your requirement to attend an Orientation session as a new member.
In order to preserve the seminar nature of the PDI, there is a limited number of seats in the PDI. Reserve your seat now so you don’t miss out!